Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year and welcome to my healthtastic blog!  I have been talking about starting a blog for quite awhile but have held back for various reasons.  Perhaps I should wait until I have a Masters Degree in Nutrition and possess a greater knowledge of the human microbiome, nutrient deficiencies, enzymes and probiotics.  Maybe I should wait until I obtain a health coach certification and actually have client success stories. Should I have a month's worth of posts already written and ready to post in case I get too busy or have nothing motivational to say?  What about my recipes that everyone is always asking for... should I post and archive them all first?  Then there is the fear factor.  What does a middle age mom from middle America really know about any of this and who could possibly be motivated by me?  Really. 

Well, if you know me at all, you know I like to talk and I have plenty to say! I am a perfectionist and like to know my stuff.  I have spent over ten years as a personal chef and a culinary allergy expert for some very important little people with big allergies and autoimmune conditions.  I constantly cook, bake, take and share food and recipes with friends who have dietary challenges. I love working out, teaching classes and encouraging people to make life-long changes that consist of more than just eating the right foods, clocking in workouts at the gym, getting enough sleep and saying some prayers.  I want to encourage people to a better life.  This is my passion.  This is what I do.  This is my journey.  Come join me.

No comments: