Friday, January 6, 2017

Are you worth it?

Yep! Here I am! Back after a few months hiatus. If you know me personally, you know that the last year or so has been a learning curve in many areas of my life. Not that I'm finished learning but perhaps I can move on from the same lessons that seem to have repeated themselves frequently. Today I rose early, read a devotion, had a great workout, had some great conversations and self reflection, the sun is shining and my heart is full. Today I am the woman I was meant to be.

Worthiness has been a theme of some of my recent conversations. So I pose that question to you. Are you worth it?
 

Anything that is worth having, is worth the time and commitment.


Are you worth the cost of a gym membership? Are you worth purchasing healthy food? Are you worth the the hour or two it may take to meal prep that healthy food every week? Are you worth going to bed earlier so you can rise early to workout or have a devotion/planning time? Are you worth investing in deeper relationships? Are you worth training for a 5k? Are you worth going back to school? Are you worth taking a risk and finding a different job? Are you worth improving any area of your life?

It is so easy to get dragged down by the stress of life, stop caring for ourselves and lose focus of our purpose in life. Believe me. I've done it. I'm sure I'll probably do it again some day. When it does, I get confused, unsure of myself, stressed out, worried, etc. It's not pretty. It's not who I am.

And so I ask. Who are you? What is your purpose? Are you worth it?

I know I am.

No comments: